- Step one is to register, click on the Post Adoptable Dog Form link.
- Step two is to download the vet form, click here for the Vet Information Form, give it to your dog’s vet and have them fill it out and fax it to us at this toll free fax number, 1-814-624-5135.
Once you have done this, click here to register for an account to write your ad and upload photos of your Lhasa Apso. You must be honest in your ad but you want your ad to appeal to as many people as possible. The phrase: "free to a good home" will be deleted from ads submitted. Please see helpful suggestions on writing your ad and why it cannot include the phrase "free to a good home" below:Tips for writing an ad that will get results:
- Tell the ad from the Lhasa Apso’s perspective. Try to explain how happy the dog will be with the right person.Be positive. Instead of saying "…cannot go to a home with children”; say something like …."Fred is the perfect dog for an all adult home".
- Make the reader feel good about wanting this dog. Explain how sorry you are to have to find a new home for your dog.
- Ask questions like…."are you the person who will give me the home I deserve?"
- Facts are boring but necessary. Be sure to also include positive traits like loyal, affectionate, playful, loving etc.
ONLY after your Vet Information Form is received from your vet, the ad you’ve written and the photos that you’ve uploaded will be posted on our website. People interested in your lhasa apso will contact you directly for more information about the dog.
Free To A Good Home: A Death SentenceUnfortunately, "free" is too often seen as "worthless" in the eye of the beholder. This is how some people see your giveaway pet:
- FREE bait to train fighting dogs
- FREE snake food
- FREE sacrifice for satanic rituals
- FREE animal for malicious pranks
- FREE fish bait
- FREE money from the research lab
- FREE animal to set on fire
- FREE animal to insert a firecracker into
PLEASE don't offer your companions FREE to a good home unless you just don't care what happens to them. Volunteers who work endless hours to save pets from the horror of abuse and homelessness bring this message to you.
Permission to reproduce this information and distribute is granted, encouraged and greatly appreciated. If you are uncomfortable about making a profit from rehoming your Lhasa Apso,have the adopter make a donation to a favorite charity, for instance: American Lhasa Apso Club Rescue or your local shelter!! We set our donation requests by age of the dog and location. So, we would ask for about $300.00 for a 2 year old dog in NYC.
Thank you for thinking of rescue! Your donation is sincerely appreciated and since we are a 501c3 non-profit organization, it is tax-deductible. ALL donations go straight to caring for the lhasa apsos. Our representatives are volunteers and receive NO compensation for the work they do.
If you have any questions or need more help, please contact Helen Brown at owner.post@LhasaApsoRescue.org or FAX 1-814-624-5135.
|Here are just a few of the Happy Dogs who have Happy New Homes and with Happy new Families!||